KIRBY HOUSE FAQ'S
Four animal-inspired guest rooms are available to Kirby House guests.
Three King Suites: Sheep, Fox, and Jackalope Rooms
One Queen Suite (equally as sweet): Owl Room
Kirby House breakfast is served by Cheryl Cannington, our talented innkeeper, in the dining room from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. She likes to mix it up, and her breakfast doesn't disappoint.
For the early risers, self-serve coffee and tea are available in the den along with healthy breakfast snacks to compliment your paper-reading, email-answering, and morning-rituals of most kinds, so have no fear.
Once your day get's going, we have a few recommendations:
Kirby House is located in the heart of Madison, Georgia's historic district putting guests a short stroll to downtown shops, restaurants, spas, and galleries with stunning architecture along the way. Madison's downtown streets host over 165 antique dealers! Visit Madison Interiors Market for some amazing antique gems.
Madison boasts over 45 homes on the National Register of Historic Homes, all within walking distance. You can pick up a free walking tour guide to visit these pre-Civil War homes and the historic cemetery from the Welcome Center (which is open seven days a week). Get the Madison Downtown Tour App.
SEE A SHOW
Madison-Morgan Cultural Center is the perfect place to view a local permanent collection and/or depending on the night to see a show!
When it's time for another cup of caffeination, or lunch, or dinner:
- Perk Cafe: A local favorite for another cup of coffee or a cocktail and a show
- Yesterday Cafe: A short but picturesque drive to a charming country breakfast just outside of town in Rutledge
- Farmview Market & Cafe: Serving high quality, locally-sourced groceries and goods from trusted farmers and artisans.
- Mint Juleps Kitchen: Modern-casual bar and restaurant serving soup, salad, sandwich and seafood options. Also open for dinner and on Sundays.
- Adrian's Place: Your local meat and three soul food option - closes at 2 p.m.
- Madison Produce Company Deli and Provisions: Quick deli and fresh market in the square downtown
- Amici: Popular casual pizza and Italian option on the square
- Madison Drug Co: Original soda fountain/diner, a local favorite and piece of history
DINNER / Drinks
- Town 220: Join trained French Chef, Fransisco De La Torre, for a nice lunch or dinner feast! Steak, seafood, salad, pasta, you name it.
- Ricardo's Kouzzina: Great eats for a casual lunch or dinner! Everything from steak nachos and chicken tortilla soup, to homemade lasagna and gyros. Something for everyone.
When it's time to get after it:
walk or bike
Heritage Park: Multi use park for hikers and bikers on approximately twenty-five acres with three large lighted ball fields, one large playground, one smaller play area, a regulation size soccer field, a .9 mile walking trail, a nature trail, a butterfly garden, and a two-hundred eighty space parking lot.
hit some golf balls
- The Creek at Hard Labour Golf Course: Just a 15 minute drive from Kirby House's back door, this 18-hole State Park course is well-maintained and a bargain at under $30 per golfer. For tee-times, click here.
- Lane Creek Golf Club: Just 20 minutes north of Madison, this 18-hole club course is another great option for Madison golfers. For more info and tee-times, click here.